In doing critical activities, we should have a list of Do’s and Don’ts and we should be able to strictly follow them so that we can avoid possible accidents and problems. Dealing with pesticides, insecticides and different chemicals is a crucial job so we need to be vigilant and careful with the things we should do especially if there will be lots of people who will be affected if mistakes will arise. In this article, we are going to discuss the Do’s and Don’ts of conducting infestations.
However if you have any doubts or are not prepared/able to correctly conduct pest control we advise you to hire a Pest Control Professional. They are trained and have all the correct equipment to complete the task and at a small price give you that piece of mind.
Here is the list:
- Try to prevent pests from coming – This refers to the first action of testing pest prevention. Such example for this is to remove food from the table, fix holes and cracks, make sure there is no dirt on the floor, in the kitchen and everywhere.
- Use safe and correct chemicals – Keep the chemicals away from children and pets. Always read the instruction in the package and use the correct and appropriate chemicals in the pest case you are dealing with.
- Make sure to fix and keep the pesticides and insecticides left – Do keep the chemicals left from the operation being conducted. Kids might be able to reach them and play with them that would cause them problems.
- Keep all clothes and the important things – Keep those things that the family uses daily to avoid it being exposed to chemicals. Make sure to place it in a sealed bag or container.
- Make sure to have a plan – You need to have and make a plan before you start the infestation so that you will be able to smoothly perform the activity without any issues.
- Don’t transfer the chemicals from one container to another – Only mix chemicals in a single container and avoid transferring it to another one to avoid remaining remnants that could harm a person.
- Don’t put pesticides in the mattress – It is dangerous if ever a person sleeps on it or made a contact with a mattress contaminated with pesticides.
- Don’t use big and hard baits – Pests might be having a hard time dealing with baits so make sure it is easy to deal with.
- Don’t just throw pest containers everywhere – Make sure you are responsible for fixing and keeping the containers and assure that there won’t be people who would be harmed with it.